Information for your first consultation with Mr Freedman, Orthopaedic Surgeon:
To be able to diagnose the cause of your orthopaedic symptoms, describe to you the likely natural history (what would eventuate with time without intervention) and be able outline treatment options for your orthopaedic problem, Mr Freedman will need to:
- Take a careful clinical history
- Examine you
- Review past results or previous scans
- Potentially order additional imaging investigations or other tests.
Prior to your first consultation please:
- Complete (i) the Patient Registration Form and (ii) the Hip Questionnaire.
- For your convenience and to allow Mr Freedman time to study your questionnaire prior to your appointment, we recommend that you download, complete and return these two forms in advance of your appointment (see “forms” section on the home page of this website for download).
For your appointment please:
- Keep to your scheduled appointment time (ideally arrive a few minutes early to complete paperwork). We aim to run our clinics on schedule so that the next patient is not inconvenienced.
- Wear appropriate attire to faciliate physical examination of your hip movements (boxer shorts, leggings or lycra pants).
- You will be advised of the fees applicable for your initial consultation when you make your appointment.
- Payment of the initial consultation fee is required on the day of the appointment.
- Clinic staff are not able to provide quotes for surgical procedures prior to your consultation.
Checklist – Please Bring
- Referral letter (unless already forwarded directly from your referring practitioner).
- Medicare or Veterans Affairs card.
- Your Health Insurance details.
- Previous X-Rays/ CTs/ MRI scans (for every appointment). Reports alone are not sufficient.
Copies of operation records, medical notes and details of previous treatment elsewhere.
Click here to make a booking now.